Trauma and distress guidance
Trauma refers to the body or mind being overwhelmed by a single particular traumatic and distressing incident or repeated occurrences. I have personally experienced a few in my lifetime and successfully managed to deal with it positively.
If you have experienced a traumatic event, you may feel socially disconnected and somewhat numb, leading to feelings of isolation, fear and vulnerability. It is the mind’s reaction to the event. Not everyone will react in the same manner or extent. Trauma also affects people in different ways and for some, the symptoms take several years to surface.. The severity may differ with each person. Some are mild and easily managed and go away with time, while others are more severe don’t even know that they are suffering from post traumatic stress and need professional treatment from a phycologist or psychiatrist. A Life Coach can eventually work consequently with therapists, once identified, to assist the patient to change their outlook and behaviour to better manage the trauma. There are many different incidents that cause trauma;
- Violence – a victim of physical violence, threatened with violence or even witnessed violence
- Physical injury – loss of a limb, sight or hearing can change your life forever and those around you. This kind of trauma often requires a great deal of emotional support alongside physical rehabilitation.
- Terminal Illness and bereavement – can be shattering for both the person affected and those around them
- Abuse – can be physical, emotional, sexual or verbal abuse. In other words; inappropriate conduct that leads you to feel violated
- Accidents – being involved in an accident can lead to a traumatic response.
Some symptoms of psychological trauma
- Emotional detachment
- Low self-esteem
My sole purpose is to make a difference in people’s life. To equip them with the right tools (mindset and thinking) to enable them to improve and enhance their life quality through positive neuro-plasticity. The services I offer to achieve this are as follows can be conducted in any combination Individual, group or corporate sessions
Mon-Fri: 07:00 to 19:00
Sat: 10:00 to 14:00
083 212 6016
Elephant Hills Estate, Arizona Crescent, Northcliff, Johannesburg, 2195, South Africa